Get Your Arizona Patio Ready for Winter Guests
One of the perks of living in Arizona is that our family and friends want to visit us in the winter. We welcome them with open arms and even brag a little about our perfect weather. Of course you’ll be spending plenty of time outside… coffee in the morning, grilling out for dinner, fire feature at night. Is your yard ready to impress?
Here are some things you can do to make your Arizona patio a paradise for your guests:
- Hose everything down. Why does it smell so nice after the rain? The smell of dust is gone. Your Arizona patio is always dusty and needs hosing almost daily.
- Clean your screens and windows. You’ll improve your view from the inside out.
- Shine up your grill.
- Clean your Arizona patio furniture. Remove any cushions first and hose off the frames. Use a sponge to wipe the frames with a bucket of highly diluted dishwashing soap. Hose again and wipe dry to avoid water spots. Vacuum off the cushions and use your sponge to work loose any bird droppings.
- Check your schedule for upcoming pest service and lawn care. Have pest control completed at least a few days before your guests’ arrival. Any residual smell and dead bugs that tend to surface afterwards need to be gone. It’s nice to have your lawn service completed just before your visitors arrive, but with enough time for you to complete your final hosing and cleaning afterwards.
Now for the fun part – decorate and add some pops of color!
- Install a colorful wind spinner near your Arizona patio. These whimsical yard ornaments stake into the ground and have a colorful metal design that spins with the wind.
- Hang a wind chime.
- Add colorful yard décor. You can add outdoor wall art, yard stakes, solar stakes, or colorful pieces that hang from your trees, pergola, or Arizona patio beams. Think suns, geckos, and kokopellis, quail, roadrunners, toadstools, flowers, and turtles.
- Lay down a new patio rug. Add instant color and warmth and color beneath your feet.
- Toss out some Sunbrella throw pillows.
- Dress up your outdoor dining table with a table runner, placemats, lanterns, and shatterproof dishes. Coordinate with your rug or throw pillows for a designer look.
- Add a colorful umbrella. Your guests will love our sun but will soon enough be looking for shade as well. Sunbrella umbrellas add instant shade and color wherever you need it.
- Anesia St. Clair